Sunday 20 April 2008

Ooooohhhhhh!!!!!

There appear to be political machinations at work.

There's been a row, and someone high up locally has resigned his position. Unfortunately, this is all to do with comments on a forum that I can't yet use because I haven't yet reached that stage in my accreditation. My concern is that everything will have been removed by the time I get onto it, and I'll miss out - believe me, I'm not a woman that likes to miss out on anything!

I shall have to chat with SWMBO and try to get more info, but she's got loads of family stuff going on at the moment, so I'll be a bit sensitive to that.



I do occasionally have dark thoughts about all this. I love the work, and admire, in principle, the organisation, but as with all structures there are elements of shit at work.

The celebrant who did my grandfather's funeral in January is not, as I believed at the time, a fully accredited member of the Association, but an independent. Apparently, he'd had a falling out with the Association some time ago, and went out on his own since then. It's not a course of action I would follow willingly. I've always worked in business and so I take a certain amount of comfort in the structure of such institutions. Having been to the local crematorium on Friday, however, and looked at the business cards on the notice board, it would appear that my main competition (God Squad aside) is in the form of a couple of independents.

It is better to have the weight of an organisation behind me, I think - as long as that organisation is strong, and not imploding thanks to the people within it.

Interesting and scary times.

No comments: