Monday 15 July 2013

Because we can't be nice all the time.

I'll keep the language simple
'Cos she wasn't awfully bright
I'm trying to find a poem,
As she goes to that "good night"

It's hard to find one written
In the canon of verse and rhyme
The words are hard to come by
I'd be better off with mime!

So where is my problem?
Why am I in a mood?
Unfortunately, it's because
She didn't do any good.

That's harsh, I know and not quite fair
She never broke the law
But she did nothing with her life
And her ceremony's a chore.

I'm trying to find the good stuff
The friends she made, and such
But these were thin upon the ground
She really didn't get out much.

"Not everyone climbs Everest"
It's a line I often say
For many the value of their lives
Lies in the everyday.

The work they do, their family life
It all adds to the mix
But this one just watched Jeremy Kyle
That's why I'm in a fix.

I'll find some point of focus
They were sad to see her go
And I mustn't impose my values
on a person I didn't know.

So back to the web and the files
As I look through the readings and rhymes
Some ceremonies write themselves
Some take a devil of a time.

So fare thee well, sweet readers
Thanks for passing by
I'll do my best for this simple maid
As her loved ones say goodbye.

1 comment:

Charles Cowling said...

Yes, well, spot on XP. Hmn, we've all struggled with one of those. In your case, the displacement activity has begotten something deathless!