Monday 26 May 2008

Speaking too quickly

Well, my first two ceremonies are done.

I speaktooquickly.

I think that I was still clear, and that my diction was fine etc, but the first ceremony ended much sooner than I expected.

To be honest, it was a blur afterwards, I only know what I said because it was all written down.

The second one went better. Someone I know was the Funeral Director, and so on the way in he asked for everyone to stand (I forgot!)

X.Piry's top tip du jour:
When you're working at a crematorium for the first time, don't wait until half way through the ceremony before you think "where the **** is the button for the curtains?". This will cause you to run your hands around the lecturn while you're speaking, and generally look suspicious.

I managed to spot said button when I took a step back for the moment's silence.

That was a close one!

However, only my mate the funeral director seemed to have spotted it (I hope!) and the family were pleased with what I'd done, so job's a good 'un.

No comments: